This week has been chock-full of museum goodness!
- Picture a Museum Day. Contributions are still pouring in via Twitter and Flickr. [View my pics here.]
- Seeds announced for Art Madness II: “America’s Favorite Post-War Artwork” Tournament courtesy of Modern Art Notes.
- Showing NCAA tournament games at work, a nod to James Naismith’s Original Rules of Basket Ball.
- New York Times’ Museums Special Section, which not only featured my boss, JZ, but also a great article highlighting social media technology with an accompanying Twitter chat that left me giddy. [Check out Hyperallergic’s real-time roundup.]
- Lots of Spring Break visitors plus a mega-sale at the Museum Store, a harmonious convergence of two of my favorite pursuits, meeting new people and shopping.
This time of year is very busy and intense. Coupled with a harsh winter, it can really grind you down. But I am thankful for weeks like this that remind me I am still in love with what I do.